IDEA defines assistive technology as:
"any item, piece of equipment, or product system...
that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the
functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities."
The Field of A.T. Encompasses
• Adaptive Aids for Daily Living Needs
• Augmentative Communication Systems
• Environmental Control Systems
• Home/Worksite Modifications
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Seating and Positioning (Wheelchairs)
• Computer Technologies
Our Focus: Assistive Technologies in the Computing Realm for:
• Addressing Learning Disabilities & Neurological Challenges
• Creating Access for Physical Disabilities
• Augmenting Communication Needs
• Accommodating Hearing & Visual Needs
Use the links in this area to educate yourself to serve others better...
We will be adding more and more useful links overtime...